General

Thanks for stopping by to submit your enhancement ideas! Lucity software is successful because of the enhancement and design ideas we receive from our users. Below you’ll see the entries the Lucity user community has submitted – be sure to vote for the ones you’d like to see incorporated. To submit a suggestion for a specific application, just click on the product group to the right.

1. Allow Supervisors to see their own time in Timesheet overview and their direct employees only

We want supervisors to be able to see their own time in Timesheet overview (along with only their employees) but only have the approve timesheet permission (not approve and lock). Right now in order for them to see their own time we have allowed the 'Allowed to Approve and Lock Timesheets permission'. However, they now see employees for the entire company which is not ok. We need to be able to limit this view to their direct employees as well as themselves. Thanks.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rule Based Required Field on a form editor

Please allow to add a conditional required field?

For example, user defined field 'reason' could be a required field when a work order status changes to 'cancel'

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enhance Lucity's admin logs to capture when a report is run.

I would like to be able to see when a report was last used and how often it is run. If a user is asked "what reports do you need/use", we will typically hear "all of them". It would be very useful when updating reports or performing housekeeping to actually see what has been run.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Project Contracts

Need to have multiple GL codes per contract (with different insurance expiration dates)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow multiple choices from a drop down.

We would like to suggest the ability to choose multiple things in a drop down. For example, if we have an illicit discharge, there may be more than one contaminant involved. We need to report all of this to Ecology. Right now, we can only choose one contaminant. That is one example, but we have quite a few thing we need to do this for.
    Thanks! Jamie

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bring back a way to easily see if there is a child record

Why did you take away the ability to easily tell if there is a child record by the clear or green + . Now we have to drill down into child and grandchild records in order to see if there are any resources assigned to a work order.

Bring it back!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Put an Inactive checkbox on Categories

In the same way that Employees have an "Inactive" checkbox, put one on the Category setup screen. An Inactive Category should stay around for historic purposes, but should not be permitted to be used on future entries.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Address Searchable as one String or Modify Search to also Search Combined Fields

Currently, you are only allowed to add address to the Work Request or Work Order grids broken up by field. This causes a problem when using the search feature in the view, as it looks for string matches in a field, not on a record. Because street is broken up by street number and street name fields, if I were to type 12235 SE Redwood Ave, I would not get any results, even though that record exists.

To work around this, I would need to add a DB trigger that concatenates the address into a user field, and display the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Limit List selection based off of previous Pick List, example...

Pick List is County, Limit List is Municipalities. Where only the municipalities that are in the selected County are in the limit list, not all municipalities in all Counties.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Redesign email notifications

Heretical suggestion to redo email notifications feature. Based on suggestions, customers obviously are using or wanting to use it for many scenarios, but the current implementation of implicit events and checkboxes all over the place to enable them makes it hard to figure out how to get what you want.

Here's my approach.

Ditch the current random selection of checkboxes on Problems, Tasks and Categories and instead expose a uniform "changed" event triggered for many kinds of records. Include Asset records! (I want to send an email when an asset goes to "retired from service" if it's a tagged asset,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Fiber Splice GIS Integration

We have a GIS layer for splices and would like to be able to integrate all of our GIS Fiber features with the corresponding Lucity modules.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make the PACP observation window expandable in Lucity WEB to be able to allow for viewing of more than 6 observations at a time.

Currently when viewing PACP reports, you can only see 6 observations without having to scroll (despite having a checkbox to bring up 50). If that window size were to be adjustable it would make for a much easier to use module (I keep finding myself pulling up desktop when i need to view a PACP report). I've attached a screenshot to visually demonstrate where I'm having issues with it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. background colors

Background colors in the current Lucity version are horrible and tough to view. In older version we could customize the background colors. This needs to be brought back asap.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show Quantity on Hand for Parts in Work Order Material picklist

Show Quantity on Hand for Parts in Work Order Material picklist.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Deletion of Red Lines More Obvious in iOS (Mobile)

Deleting a red line in iOS mobile is not intuitive. You have to hit the yellow arrow, then close, then choose the square/arrow button and choose delete. Is it possible to make that delete button/icon more visible on the redline record? Apparently the change is eventually possible, but due to the way iOS works the change likely won't be able to be made until the mobile webmap rewrite happens. I was encouraged to enter the request so that it can be used when that webmap rewrite does occur in the future. Thanks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Groups for filters

We utilize filters a lot and then run reports from the results. I think it would help if the filters in the grid looked a bit more like the reports window. At the very least, I think it would be helpful if we could have groups in the filters window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Populate Work Request X and Y Coordinates From Address Search Result

We would like work request X and Y coordinate fields to be populated when the request is created from an address search result in the Lucity Web map. We use the X/Y values from work requests to generate maps outside of Lucity. The natural workflow for our admin staff when taking a call is to search for a customer address, then create a work request from that address point. Unfortunately, when created from an address search result, the work request X and Y coordinate fields are not populated. However, if the work request is created from a manually placed X/Y…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable setting tab order in shared tab group

Right now the tab order in a shared tab group is locked to alphabetical. This limits its usefulness. It would be much better to be able to set the order of the tabs within the tab group globally. The "sequence in tabs" field is already there, it just doesn't do anything

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. can add more available columns not on grid builder

Hello,
    I have attached a screenshot of Grid Builder.
    If I wanted to add an attribute that is not on the "Available Columns" list, is there a way to do this??
    The column that I am looking for is "Equipment Type" or "Equipment Description"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A way to make a filter for Assets that have no open work orders

I would like to be able to easily query all assets that have no open work orders. The two scenarios that this would be useful:
    1) In the IT Hardware Module, if i make a work order for equipment that is out on loan, i'd like to be able to have a dashboard filter that shows me a list of all the available equipment.
    2) If i have an asset that needs PM work or to be inspected once a year, i'd like to be able to have a dashboard filter that gives me a drill down list of all…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base