General

Thanks for stopping by to submit your enhancement ideas! Lucity software is successful because of the enhancement and design ideas we receive from our users. Below you’ll see the entries the Lucity user community has submitted – be sure to vote for the ones you’d like to see incorporated. To submit a suggestion for a specific application, just click on the product group to the right.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow Work Order Templates to be available in Lucity Mobile

I want the filed to save time on populating repetitive fields. So I create a WO Template with most of the info needed...
    What is the use of Work Order Templates if the field can't access them? They are the ones that would benefit the most. I honestly thought I was creating WO templates for them, just to realize they can't access the templates. This will greatly improve the way the field creates Non FA's.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy user permissions to another existing user

I have a few test users that I use to troubleshoot permissions with. I would like to be able to take a existing user that may be having problems and copy those permissions over to one of my test users. Our set up features some granular permissions so I have to disassociate and then associate permissions. This would also be useful when people make lateral job transfers in our organization. Thanks a lot!
    Jamie

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Single User Email Notifications

We would like the ability to receive notifications from requests to our Department Head only, when WOs are complete or a task is added to a WO that stems from his request.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Restrict access to reports

Would like to use the report groups to allow or restrict access to reports. We have several reports that should only be accessed by supervisors.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a lookup to the employee list (Resource Type 1) to the equipment form.

Add a lookup to the employee list (Resource Type 1) to the equipment form.

For instance, "Bill" used equipment #1 today, but "Tom" will be using it tomorrow. Ideally, this is a pick list that links to the employee list, such that the list would update when new employees are added, vs a "User1" field would be created via the Import/Update tool (imported the employee list from the resource list), and have to manually updated with new employees..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add a check box to global edits that would delete ALL associated lucity tables from asset

Currently I have to go through many manual steps to remove all associated Lucity tables from an asset that no longer exists and needs to be deleted from Lucity. I have to move inspections, mainbreaks, cctv and/or work orders to another asset all one at a time. Then I can go back and delete the asset. If there was a check box below that deleted associated tables with this asset AND allowed you to transfer all associated lucity tables to the correct Asset Record Number, that would accomplish all this and be a very powerful guide in QAQC process.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add to toolbox

Enable user (administrator?) to add items to a module's respective toolbox

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Inspection to Work Order Carry Over

When creating a Work Order from an Inspection, add the ability to populate the Main Task & add sub tasks/problems based on the true/false or code/type value of certain fields in the Inspection.

For example: While doing an Inspection on a Fleet vehicle the inspector marks the field for Break Pad as "Requires Replacement", then when the inspector checks the "Needs Repair" field and saves the Inspection the Work Order that is generated would have the Fleet vehicle attached to the Work Order and have a Task for Replace Break Pads also attached to the Work Order.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow there to be a log of changes to the IT Computer Hardware HA_ASSIGNED field.

Like when the status of location is changed, i would like to track when the person assigned to a specific piece of hardware was changed. IT should show the previous value, what it was changed to, when it was changed, and a comment field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make possible to add comments to the SQL filter using /* and */ so we can better determine what certain parts of

It would be very helpful if we were able to add comments to the SQL filter using /* and */ so we can better determine what certain parts of our statement do.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Quick Lookup plug-in for Vendors

When creating a quick lookup plug in there is no option to choose Vendors in warehouse inventory only parts. It would help when trying to find a vendor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable Lucity Mobile to use SSL on .local domains

We use a Verizon private network that all of our mobile devices are on. So the mobile devices are effectively on our local network. However, because our network uses .local (instead of .com), we are unable to get an SSL certificate from a trusted certificate authority. To get around this, we have created a local certificate authority on a server on our local network. With other Android mobile apps like ArcGIS Collector, we are able to use certificates from this authority to enable SSL on the mobile apps. With Lucity this is not currently possible. We would like to enable…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In Request form add a button to open work orders

Currently, when you are looking at the request form you have to click on 5 different buttons to open a work order. Could you add a button to make this a one step process from the request form?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change permissions so users can not even see the Field Properties

We would like to have the field properties not show up at all to our end users. Even with permissions whittled down to almost nothing on a test user with Field Properties and Field Definitions removed, I can still have access to Field Property Modification, Field Property Information and Enter Design Mode in the menu. We would prefer end users not have access to this stuff and we would like to not have the database field names exposed to anyone that does not have admin rights.

Thanks!
    Jamie

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lucity Security: Department Filter/Search

I would like to see if you can search or filter by department in the lucity security module.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Eliminate max number of 10 attached documents displayed via mobile app

There is a limit of 10 attached documents that are displayed in the Documents popup on Lucity Mobile. This caused a field worker to become frustrated that her photos were being lost when she wasn't seeing attachment #11, 12, and 13 appear in the list. Please make the Documents popup show more than 10 attachments.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a "Save and Close" button for Forms

Add a "Save and Close" button for inspection forms (and across other work orders etc.) for iOS (and Android for those using that platform)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Is anyone using or interested in using NFC Tags?

Has anyone tried using "near field communication" tags on their assets? Meaning creating work orders out in the field by reading the tag to identify the asset that requires a work order?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use one manufacturers table for all the modules and sections in the module.

Use one manufacturer lookup table for all modules (warranty, equipment, etc) with all the manufacturers pertinent information. This keeps from having to have multiple tables with the same manufacturers in them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable all fields that are available in a Grid to also be available in the Build-a-Filter interface.

For example, the field PL_Number is available in the Parts Transactions Grid, but not in the Build-a-Filter window. If I understand correctly, the PL_Number field is not available because it is a joined field from another table, requiring it to be accessed through an advanced filter, which is much more difficult to construct (at least for me).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base